When Jesus Comes for You and for Me

About a year ago, Ilcias Vargas, Jr. wrote this poem about the second coming of Jesus Christ. We are excited to share it with you this week.


What an exciting day it will be
When Jesus comes for you and for me;
Surrounded by angels high up in the sky -
A spectacular sight, seen by ev'ry eye.

What a thrill of a day it will be
When Jesus comes for you and for me.
An earthquake, a hailstorm, the sky rolls apart;
To see my Lord come will surely thrill my heart!

What a great resurrection there'll be
When Jesus comes for you and for me
And calls forth the saints who have previously died -
They'll rise from their graves, perfect and glorified.

And now that day by faith we can see -
When Jesus comes for you and for me -
The blessed hope of the believer in Christ,
Yes, we must stay true and walk in the light.

- Ilcias Vargas, Jr.

Comments

Popular Posts